A car cover is a protective cloth that is used to shield a vehicle from environmental hazards such as dust, bird droppings, tree sap, and insect infestation. The car cover can not only protect your vehicle from the elements but also keep it clean and free from bird droppings.
In this defined article, we have covered everything you need to know about what size car cover to choose with the respective Car Cover Size Chart and the benefits they offer. But before we move to that section, it is extremely crucial to measure your car first.
Step by Step Guide on How to Measure Your Car For a Custom Fit Car Cover!
If you are wondering, ‘how do I know my car cover size to protect my car’? Then let me tell you that with a proper measurements and a custom fit car cover, you will be able to protect your car against the sun, snow, sleet, hail, and rain.
There are many different ways to measure your vehicle for a custom-fit car cover:
- Length: The most popular way is to measure the exterior length of your vehicle, including the bumpers.
- You can use a measuring tape or yardstick to measure from the front bumper to the back bumper on each side.
- It is also important that you include bumpers when you are measuring for a custom fit cover because it will make sure there is no slack in the fabric, which can lead to leaking.
- Width: When you measure the width of your car, make sure you Measure from one side to another across the widest part of your car.
- Make sure to put the measuring tape on the ground while measuring; that way, you will not miss out a couple of inches and the car cover will cover the entire car without leaving any space.
- Height: Finally, when it comes to the measuring the height of your car, put the measuring tape on the ground and take the measurement of the tallest part of your car from the ground up.
When you have your measurements write them down, then find out what size cover they correspond with on this list:
Car Cover Size Charts
|Fits cars up to 13′ 1″ (157″)||157″ L x 60″ W x 48″ H|
|Fits cars up to 14′ 2″ (170″)||170″ L x 60″ W x 48″ H|
|Fits cars up to 16′ 8″ (200″)||200″ L x 60″ W x 51″ H|
|Fits cars up to 19′ (228″)||228″ L x 60″ W x 51″ H|
|Fits Cars up to 22′ (264″)||264″ L x 70″ W x 53″ H|
Benefits Of Using A Car Cover And How It Protects Your Vehicle From the Elements
A car cover is a protective sheet that’s designed to shield your vehicle from the elements. There are many benefits of using a car cover. It not only protects your vehicle from scratches, it also protects it from the sometimes harsh weather conditions that come with living in different regions.
A car cover essentially covers your vehicle to protect it from the suns UV rays, rain, hail, snow, ice and other harmful weather conditions. This article will list some of the benefits of using a car cover and how it will protect your vehicle.
1. Car Cover Saves Time and water
While the process of washing a car is not very difficult, it can take its toll on your time and water supply.
A car cover will save you both time and water. It will also make your car look better by protecting its paint job from UV rays or other harsh weather conditions.
2. Protection of your car From Harsh Weather conditions
When we talk about protecting your car from harsh weather conditions, we should not only think about what the weather is like and the possibility of it happening. The first thing we should do is to make sure that the car has a cover to protect it from UV rays and prevent water from coming in.
3. Car Cover protects your vehicle from scratches
Traditional car paint protectors don’t work as well as they used to, so many people are opting for customized car cover. A car cover is an essential tool for protecting your vehicle. It provides protection from scratches and from other possible things like dust, dirt, bugs, tree sap, bird droppings and other debris. A car cover also prevents expensive paint jobs from fading in the sun.
Types of Car Covers
There are many different types of car covers and each one comes with its own pros and cons. Let’s look at the different types of car covers available, the pros and cons for each, and who might need them.
A) Custom Car Covers: A custom car cover is a great option for somebody who has a valuable vehicle that they want to keep in perfect condition. They provide protection from both extremes in temperature, such as heat or cold, as well as from all types of weather conditions like rain or snow. If they go on sale, this type of cover can be very inexpensive too!
B) Hard Shell Car Covers: A hard shell protector is a good choice for somebody who needs protection from harsh weather conditions like snow, rain, or hail. It will also provide protection from sun damage which can happen over time due to exposure to sunlight.
C) Waterproof car covers: Waterproof car covers offer the best protection against the elements. They’re great for drivers who live in areas that experience heavy snow or high levels of rainfall. Drivers should note that some types of waterproof covers can only protect certain types of vehicles (SUVs, trucks) while others can protect any type of vehicle (including sedans).
Please keep in mind Water Resistant & Waterproof types ain’t the same and offer different features.
Water resistant covers are good for drivers who are looking to keep their car protected from dust, dirt, and rain. They offer protection against some water but not full protection.
Car Cover Size Chart by type of car
***Cover Dimensions in centimeters (LxWxH)
- Beetle / Minor / New Mini – 415 x 160 x 150
- Classic Mini / Fiat 500 – 315 x 155 x 135
- Estate Small – 430 x 175 x 150
- Estate Medium – 455 x 180 x 150
- Estate Large – 485 x 185 x 150
- Estate Extra Large – 505 x 190 x 155
- Hatchback Small – 380 x 160 x 140
- Hatchback Medium – 420 x 175 x 150
- Hatchback Large – 445 x 185 x 150
- Lotus / Caterham / Midget – 370 x 155 x 115
- Porsche 911 – 430 x 165 x 135
- Sports Car Small – 410 x 155 x 125
- Sports Car Large – 440 x 175 x 130
- Sports Car Extra Large – 450 x 190 x 130
- Sports GT – 480 x 195 x 130
How are car covers supposed to fit?
A car cover that fits your vehicle just right can protect your car from weather, damage, and theft. If you want to find the perfect car cover for your vehicle, it is important to measure and compare the fit of different covers before making a decision. There are many factors that contribute to the proper fit of a car cover: the size and shape of your vehicle; its age; any accessories such as antennae; and whether you have certain needs such as waterproofing. You can get a better idea of what car cover you should use by using the Car Cover Size Chart guide provided above.
Picture in this post by Giorgio Trovato